In our Family Therapy sessions, we strive to provide care for the entire family system. We focus on improving communication, resolving conflicts, and team-building type exercises to strengthen the family bond. Family Therapy is usually determined by how the family functions, a difficult family conflict or event is occurring, or is usually introduced after a child has entered Individual Therapy. In these situations, Family Therapy usually focuses on assisting with parenting skills and other various techniques to best support the child and the home environment.
How Family Therapy Works:
- Therapists gather information about the family including past and current events that may or are currently affecting the overall family system and how they prevent the family from being able to have a happy and healthy home environment.
- Work with the Therapist to create and formulate a Treatment Plan with specific goals, objectives and specific interventions of how the Therapist will help the family reach these goals and objectives.
- Begin working on goals, objectives, and interventions with the Therapist while building a strong therapeutic relationship.
How Long Does A Session Last?
- This depends on various factors including the condition of the family throughout session and its severity, how the issue affects the individual's day-to-day life, and insurance and/or financial limitations.
- Most sessions take about 60 minutes, or 1 Hour, but could go longer depending on the circumstance.