We are looking for a Therapist to act as an advocate and helps clients gain access to resources while confronting their personal issues, such as mental illness, addiction, and abuse. The Therapist may specialize in mental health, substance abuse, child, family and school-related issues. They may also work in research, administration, policymaking, or public planning.
- Works closely with all members of the healthcare team in the development of the Plan of Treatment, including discharge plans, based on the psychosocial assessment, mental health consultation, intakes, refer out cases that are beyond his/her scope and accepted therapeutic interventions.
- Complete accurate clinical documentation and note within 24 hours of the date of services.
- Develops and maintains thorough knowledge of referral resources throughout the service area.
- Providing therapy services through evidence-based model and collaborate with other team members.
- Review diagnostic criteria use of DSM diagnosing to help ensure current diagnostic criteria are being used.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party reimbursement sources.
- Maintain case files within electronic health records when required.
- Assure all client information is kept and utilized on behalf of the client per HIPAA standards.
- Provides positive customer relations in dealing with clients, families, physicians, member of the healthcare team, referral sources, services agencies, etc.
- Adheres to all department/facility policies.
- Attend training, CEUs, etc. to continue personal and professional growth on a regular basis.
- Must behave ethically and professionally.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Must be capable of working with diverse populations.
- Must be able to collaborate well with others, since they interact with professionals from many different social service and government agencies.
- Must have emotional resilience and stability since the work often involves dealing with crises.
- Physical, sensory, and cognitive abilities.
- Must have knowledge in caring for patients in different developmental stages throughout the life cycle.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Consistent attendance is required to assure that the client facilities’ needs and patient needs are met.
- To comply with all client facilities’ policies, procedures, and practices.
- To comply with all policies and to uphold our standards of excellence while on assignment at our client facilities.
- Maintain workable scheduled work hours.
- Master's Degree
- Licensed or License Eligible (LPCC, LPCA, LMFT, LCSW, CSW)
- One-year full-time experience or related education in mental health.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
* Pay is dependent on experience and licensure status.*
Resume and Cover Letter must be sent to email@example.com in order to be considered for a position.